Mega is the largest size of bedding plant that we grow. Perfect for those gardeners who do not have a greenhouse and are unable to do any growing on. Mega plants are despatched later in the season as we have grown them on to a manageable and ready-to-plant-out size for your convenience. Simply find a great location to start planting out. Before you plant out ensure that the likelihood and risk of a late frost have passed in your area.
All the most popular varieties for fabulous, quick, colourful Summer displays. The ideal, affordable 'nursery fresh' solution. Delivered right to your door with no postage nor packing charges. Great value, great quality and lovingly grown here in Sunny Jersey.
Prices start at £10.99 for 12 Mega Plants.
Mega Plants are grown in individual cells and measure approximately 11-16cm in height from the root to the top of the stem.
Some Planting Tips
When your Mega plants arrive
- Upon arrival, keep trays indoors in a well-lit, draught free area for 24 hours.
- If unable to water from beneath, spray water lightly over the tray, and then place in a position where there is adequate airflow to dry the excess water from the leaves.
- Once the compost is moist allow the tray to drain.
There may be some loose compost or a slight yellowing of the leaves which is a consequence of the plants being shipped. This will not affect the condition of the mature plants.
- For Spring Bedding Plants, once the risk of frost has passed they can be planted outside.
- Water plants 1-2 hours prior to planting out.
- Once planted water the plants well.
- To establish the growth of young plants, it is important that you water regularly especially during dry sunny spells and again in the late evening, more especially if they are in containers or hanging baskets as they dry out very quickly in the warmer months.
- If after planting out there is a risk of frost, cover the plants at night with an old sheet.