Jumbo Plants are one of our largest size of bedding plant and exceedingly easy to look after. Measuring approximately 8-14cm in height from the root of the plant to the top of the stem, these plants can be planted straight out in your garden, provided all risk of a late frost has passed.
Our Jumbo Plants start from just £12.99 for 24 Plants - that's less than 55p per Plant!
Choose from all your old favourites, or even some new varieties, for quick, colourful garden displays. The ideal, affordable 'nursery fresh' solution. Delivered right to your door with no postage nor packing charges. Great value, great quality and lovingly grown here in Sunny Jersey.
When your Garden Jumbo Plants Arrive
- Upon arrival, keep trays indoors in a well-lit, draught free area for 24 hours.
- If the compost is a little dry, stand the tray in shallow water. If unable to water from beneath, spray water lightly over the tray, and then place in a position where there is adequate airflow to dry the excess water from the leaves.
- Once the compost is moist allow the tray to drain.
- There may be some loose compost or a slight yellowing of the leaves which is a consequence of the plants being shipped. This will not affect the condition of the mature plants.
If you wish to Continue Growing On
- Water the plants 1-2 hours prior to growing on.
- Gently remove the Jumbo Plants from the tray by pushing up from the bottom using a pencil or similar implement.
- Transfer the plants into small pots or seed trays filled with good multi-purpose compost.
- Water the plants well once, and then do not water again until the compost is nearly dry or the plants are wilting.
- Place the plants in a warm well-lit area but out of direct sunlight.
- Apply a liquid fertiliser after 2-3 weeks.
- If there is a risk of a late frost, pot on the plants and keep indoors until all risk of frost has passed.
- For Spring Bedding Plants, once the risk of frost has passed, they can be planted outside.
- Harden off the plants prior to planting out, by placing the plants outside during the day and bringing in at night for 2 weeks.
- Water plants 1-2 hours prior to planting out.
- Once planted water the plants well.
- To establish the growth of young plants, it is important that you water regularly especially during dry sunny spells and again in late evening.
- If after planting out there is a risk of a late frost, cover the plants at night with an old sheet.